The Edu4tex 2.0 project and its partners are committed to complying with the General Data
Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act. Looking after the personal information
you share with us is very important, we want you to be confident that your personal data is
kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer a better and more
We have published this notice to help you understand
- How and why we collect information from you
- Who we share your information with, why and on what basis
- What your rights are
If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website. We will be
known as the “data controller” of the personal data you provide to us and we will sometimes
refer to ourselves as “we” or “us”.
Should you need to contact us please write to the lead partner of the project.
Data Protection Officer, Huddersfield & District Textile Training Co Limited, Red Doles Lane,
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD2 1YF or via firstname.lastname@example.org quoting
Security and Privacy Enquiry.
This privacy notice was updated on 15 th May 2018.
General privacy notice.
What information we collect and why?
When you interact with the project we may ask you to provide some personal information
- Full Name of the Individual or Company
- Contact Numbers
- Email Address
In order to undertake analysis of our website and feedback we may also use Google
analytics. In order to keep the site, its services and topics relevant, easy to use and up to
date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use our site. For
example we can see which parts of the site are most popular and test our news updates.
How do we use your information?
Data protection states that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where
we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more reasons and
- Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual
arrangement e.g. an output of the project.
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way e.g. sending
newsletters and promotional material
- Legitimate interests e.g. securely transferring relevant information to third parties
such as delivery partners
- Legal obligation – where there is a statutory or other legal requirement to share the
information e.g. Funding agencies.
Who we share your information with and why?
We work with a number of agencies and businesses in order to provide the services that you
expect from us
Some examples of these are our partners of the project and the funding agency. This may
also include the companies we work with as part of the Edu4Tex2.0 project for toolkits and
IT support companies – we work with business that support our website and other business
Keeping in touch with you.
We want to keep you up to date with information about new services, funding opportunities
and project development. When you engage with the project we will ask you if you want to
receive this type of marketing information.
If you decide you do not want to receive this information you can request that we stop
contacting you by writing to the Data Protection Officer at the above address provided.
Alternatively you can contact us by email at email@example.com or telephone us
on +44 1484 346500.
You may continue to receive messages for a short period while your request is being dealt
How long do we keep your information?
If we collect your personal information the length of time we retain it is determined by a
number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our
obligations under other laws and funding agency requirements.
For this purpose we will always retain your personal information for a period of 7 years. The
only exceptions to this are;
- The law and funding agencies require us to keep the information for a longer period
or delete it sooner.
- You exercise your right to have the information erased and we do not need to hold it
in connection with any reasons permitted or required by law.
- We bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain
your personal information.
What are your rights?
You are entitled to request your Data Subject Rights from us and there is more information
on these on the:
– Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk;
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about
how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and
to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal
information in a standard form
- Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights
relating to automated decision making, including profiling
– Comissão Nacional de Protecção de Dados – CNPD website www.cnpd.pt;
– Garante per la protezione dei dati personali – website www.garanteprivacy.it
– Agencia Española de Protección de Datos – website www.aepd.es
– Österreichische Datenschutzbehörde – website www.data-protection-authority.gv.at
Website visitors who don’t want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google
analytics opt out browser add-on.
Visitors can also opt out of Google Analytics using the Ads Settings.
Should you need to contact us please write to the Co-ordinator for the project:
Data Protection Officer
Huddersfield & District Textile Training Co Limited
Red Doles Lane